0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Do you use any effects pedals?

Sidsquishus
10 years ago
Report this message
Most bassists don't have the effects pedal fetish common to guitarists, but are there any pedals that are really useful to a bassist playing lots of genres of rock and roll? I rarely use a pedal, but for some songs, an effect is very helpful, if not essential, to getting the right sound.

I have four pedals, two of which I will definitely keep, one I might keep, and one that I won't keep.

The two that I am definitely keeping are a chorus and a distortion pedal. The one I might keep is a fuzz.

The one I won't keep is an octave pedal. To my ears, a five string bass sounds much better than an octave pedal, so I've ended up taking that route and not using the pedal.
linkinpark232
Yep I actually use a few, all Behringer except for wah. I love their pedals, they're cheap and sound great. I use bass compressor, super metal, synth, bass overdrive, and a Vox wah
I have a Digitech BP200 modeling processor. It has quite a few different features on it; definitely worth the $120 I spent on it. For the most part I don't use any effects. I'll occasionally use distortion when songs need it.
Quote:
Yep I actually use a few, all Behringer except for wah. I love their pedals, they're cheap and sound great. I use bass compressor, super metal, synth, bass overdrive, and a Vox wah

I've played through Behringer pedals before. They are a very good pedals for what you pay. Probably what I would recommend for bassists wanting to get into building up their own pedalboard.
linkinpark232
Quote:
Quote: Yep I actually use a few, all Behringer except for wah. I love their pedals, they're cheap and sound great. I use bass compressor, super metal, synth, bass overdrive, and a Vox wah I've played through Behringer pedals before. They are a very good pedals for what you pay. Probably what I would recommend for bassists wanting to get into building up their own pedalboard.

Yeah I made a pedalboard on my own. Got all the materials for like 5 bucks and got some connecting cords and wa lah
DANNYBASSMAN93 [top submitter]
I use a distortion pedal on ocassion specially for MUSE
Marko1960
Quote:
Quote: Quote: Yep I actually use a few, all Behringer except for wah. I love their pedals, they're cheap and sound great. I use bass compressor, super metal, synth, bass overdrive, and a Vox wah I've played through Behringer pedals before. They are a very good pedals for what you pay. Probably what I would recommend for bassists wanting to get into building up their own pedalboard. Yeah I made a pedalboard on my own. Got all the materials for like 5 bucks and got some connecting cords and wa lah
That's a good idea, who put you on to that lol. How's that set up working for you by the way? I have a Behringer Compressor and the bass I built has a built in Overdrive Pre-Amp but that's it
linkinpark232
It works great
Boss pedal Big Muff, Digitech Bass Overdrive/Distortion, and Digitech bass Main Squeeze for bass.
Quote:
Most bassists don't have the effects pedal fetish common to guitarists, but are there any pedals that are really useful to a bassist playing lots of genres of rock and roll? I rarely use a pedal, but for some songs, an effect is very helpful, if not essential, to getting the right sound.I have four pedals, two of which I will definitely keep, one I might keep, and one that I won't keep.The two that I am definitely keeping are a chorus and a distortion pedal. The one I might keep is a fuzz.The one I won't keep is an octave pedal. To my ears, a five string bass sounds much better than an octave pedal, so I've ended up taking that route and not using the pedal.
A Squeeze and Fuzz combo sound amazing.
topnorm
I got my 1st effect pedal just this past weekend. its a used MXR chorus stomp box, pedal whatchamacallit…. I like it for filling out slow ballad type songs. I was thinking about the big muff ( that sounded bad) for fuzz but what is a squeeze effect? help a rookie out?

Reply to this thread