0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Tech Guys

MotorMog
Quote:
Mog, Not sure if I fully get what you want to do but, I think you have 2 options You can use the blended effects loop or you can patch it into the preamp - power amp insert.

If I use the send/return I think this will still be effected by the tone and gain controls of the head as would using the preamp which is what I don't want

If I use the return input only with pedal I'm hoping the master volume will be the only control enabled giving me an unaltered sound from the effects pedal

Bass>Effects>Return

Will just have to give it a go and see at the weekend
Marko1960

Getting ther, cant wait, the neck is already half the weight
2nick3
Quote:
If I use the send/return I think this will still be effected by the tone and gain controls of the head as would using the preamp which is what I don't want If I use the return input only with pedal I'm hoping the master volume will be the only control enabled giving me an unaltered sound from the effects pedal Bass>Effects>Return Will just have to give it a go and see at the weekend

Circuit-wise that makes sense. The only issue I see is if the amp has a safety feature that disables everything without an input cable plugged in (like an active bass does to save the battery). That could also be a factor on the effects loop - if you don't send anything to it, it may not activate the receive side. An easy fix would be to plug cables into those jacks on the amp (but not both ends of the same cable - loops are bad).

If that is how the circuit in the amp is designed, I'd get some 1/4" plugs (no cable) to use, so you don't have the extra cord to trip on or pick up any interference.
MotorMog
Quote:
I'd get some 1/4" plugs (no cable) to use, so you don't have the extra cord to trip on or pick up any interference.

Cheers nick that makes sense but I'm thinking having just a jack plug with no cable connected would be an open circuit and the amp wouldn't see the connection, but it's definitely worth a try if I get no luck from the return input giving an output
Marko1960
Why not just flatline the amps eq so it has no influence on the pedal? I dont use fx, bass is bass to me
MotorMog
Quote:
Why not just flatline the amps eq so it has no influence on the pedal? I dont use fx, bass is bass to me

Any amps eq whatever the setting will have some effect to the input tone so I'm just trying to find a way of bypassing it

Not a fan either of effects but if I can get this vt tone out of this pedal I will be well happy and it will be worth the tinkering to find out how

MotorMog
Well it did work using the return as the input but without the preamp it was gutless

So have reverted to the traditional send/return set up , eq's at 12 with a smidge of gain and it sounds good

was worth a try though and it didnt blow up

Marko1960
Alls well that ends
Marko1960

Mr Zee, thought you might like this as you like to dabble with basses yourself, I made it from scratch although it's been on the back burner for over a year now. Scroll back through the thread to see it taking shape
Marko1960
Quote:
So we are back in business, got the headless bridge and top anchor, need to get the truss rod back out of the neck that I wasnt 100% happy with and get cracked on
This

Reply to this thread