0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Tech Guys

IamMark
Nicely done!
Marko1960
Thanks
Marko1960

I've decided to abandon bass number two as the neck has warped, so the timber was obviously unstable.
Instead I'm making bass number one, headless. I always hated the bridge, and even though the ash body was quite heavy, neck dive was still a problem, so…off with its head. The headpiece I got with the bridge is pretty cool, it does'nt require double ball end strings, they clamp into place instead
IamMark
Perhaps the wood had too much moisture in it during its life as a window frame?

Kiln dried…
Marko1960
Could be. I've found a supplier and they have through body neck blanks, a maple one and a rosewood one will get you two laminated thru necks for 50 quid each, they also have some beautiful Bubinga body blanks for 50 quid. This was gonna be bass number 3 but I'm not gonna bother now.
Marko1960

Filling nut slot with Rosewood fillet, cutting slot for zero fret, and zero fret in place. Next a bit of tidying up then the removal of the headstock
MotorMog
Hope this makes sense and you can help

Have got myself a sansamp vt character pedal and want to get the pedals signal only through my ampeg portaflex head by bypassing the main controls on the front of the head as to not interfere with the tone of the pedal

Instead of using the send return can I just plug the output of the pedal into the return input and use the volume on the pedal to control the amps output ?

I reckon I can but I don't want to blow s#$t up

Thanks

Marko1960
You got me there, but isnt the send and return for bypassing the amps main controls? Just stick your fingers in your ears and go for it, if it blows up I'll buy you a new one

…do you have my address?
MotorMog
Quote:
You got me there, but isnt the send and return for bypassing the amps main controls?

I'm not sure Marko I think the gain and tone controls might still be engaged with the loop but I won't have a chance to try til the weekend with my gear as we are using a studio on Friday night for making a noise for a change

Ive given the vt pedal a quick run through on my rumble 75 combo with all tone at 12 twelve on the amp and like what I hear so far

I do like the clean p bass rumble for most of our tunes but was looking for that vintage svt tube overdrive sound for the more aggressive stuff without losing bottom end

Hopefully no smoke signals from southern england Saturday afternoon, you can email me your payment details
Guinny
Mog, Not sure if I fully get what you want to do but, I think you have 2 options You can use the blended effects loop or you can patch it into the preamp - power amp insert.

Reply to this thread