0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Tech Guys

Marko1960
I love EMGs, you can buy the full system complete with push fit wiring for total simplicity, I'm not a fan of J pick ups though, if you get Humbuckers you can fit a coil tap so you can go single coil if you like, I've also seen bass bridges with built in Piezo pick up so you can get acoustic bass sound aswell. My next bass will have a J pick up at the neck and middle and a Stingray Humbucker at the bridge, I know I said I don't like Js but I think that set up would work well
IamMark
I have an EMG humbucker (bridge) and EMG P pickup (neck) on my 6 string. And I have a humbucker on my G&L.

Does EMG make passive pickups?
Marko1960
Yep
IamMark
I just Googled them. Looks like they have a 40Hz soapbar.

For a fretless, would you recommend one humbucker, or dual pickups?

If I went with J pickups, I would do two (bridge and neck).
Marko1960
I have two Humbuckers on my hand built bass, both MusicMan Stingrays, the bridge one is in the standard Stingray position and the other is towards the neck, I wish I'd put the standard one closer to the bridge for more tonal variation, go for the soap bar at the bridge and neck and middle Js
linkinpark232
May be getting a Strat this weekend and when I get money I wanna replace the single coil bridge pickup with a hot rail. Never replaced pickups myself before. How do I do it? I'm afraid of jacking something up
IamMark
Marko! My neck should be here on the 30th.

I'm so excited!

I need to buy my bridge still!!!
Marko1960
I'm still here
IamMark
Quote:
I'm still here
Whew! I was getting a little nervous.

The real work will begin after Monday. I also bought a bridge. That should arrive on the 30th as well.
Marko1960
Link, due to the complexity of the five way selector switch, the easiest way is to cut the two cables about an inch from the existing pick up and slide about an inch of heat shrink over each. The new pick up will have about four or five wires so you need to identify which ones are live and earth and solder these to the ends of the wires on the guitar then slide the heat shrink over the solder and shrink it with the soldering iron, just hold it close but don't touch it.

Reply to this thread