0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

What is a good intermediate bass?

purplez
Quote:
You might try a Fender Aerodyne then. It has a jazz bass neck with a 7.25“ radius to the fingerboard - more curved than the standard 9.5” radius on other Fender Jazz necks.I don't know anything about Cort basses. A good place to search for information about basses in talkbass:http://www.talkbass.com
Quote:
Quote: Isn't that bass a lefty? No, it's right handed, it's a lefty he wants and Cort probably don't do them

I will check out that site thx.

they do make lefty but the shop is 100 miles away… and buying a guitar you have never played is risky, you might hate it?
Marko1960
Do you mind me asking where you live?
Marko1960
I've just had a great idea, the best bass I ever owned by far, and I've had a few, was a Hohner B2A, it was a copy of the innovative Stienberger from the 80s. The Stienberger was made from carbon graphite, had no headstock and tuned from the body end. The Hohner was made completely from Maple and had EMG selects and the tone was awesome. It's a long scale bass but it's very small and really easy to play and it has three strap buttons so you can play left or right handed, there's no problem with changing the nut to left handed cos it doesn't have one, instead it has a special string retainer and a zero fret. It has double ball end strings which are all the same length, to go lefty simply take them off and change them around. My god I want another one! Downside, they retail around £700 but you could look out for a second hand one, have a look on ebay
purplez
Quote:
Do you mind me asking where you live?
Quote:
I've just had a great idea, the best bass I ever owned by far, and I've had a few, was a Hohner B2A, it was a copy of the innovative Stienberger from the 80s. The Stienberger was made from carbon graphite, had no headstock and tuned from the body end. The Hohner was made completely from Maple and had EMG selects and the tone was awesome. It's a long scale bass but it's very small and really easy to play and it has three strap buttons so you can play left or right handed, there's no problem with changing the nut to left handed cos it doesn't have one, instead it has a special string retainer and a zero fret. It has double ball end strings which are all the same length, to go lefty simply take them off and change them around. My god I want another one! Downside, they retail around £700 but you could look out for a second hand one, have a look on ebay

I live in Hertfordshire,England.

Steinberger/Hohner sounds interesting? if its that easy to setup.
Marko1960
I live in County Durham. I loved my Hohner. Hohner are a Japanese company that make quality instruments, their harmonicas are amongst the best in the world and the B2A is an excellent bass
purplez
Quote:
I live in County Durham. I loved my Hohner. Hohner are a Japanese company that make quality instruments, their harmonicas are amongst the best in the world and the B2A is an excellent bass

My family comes from Durham/Newcastle..!

I have an old 4stop hohner melodeon,built to last indeed.
Marko1960
Small world eh
Quote:
Quote: Isn't that bass a lefty? No, it's right handed, it's a lefty he wants and Cort probably don't do them
Oh ok. Upon further examination of the photo I see that it's right handed. My mistake.
Cheekychuck
My Fender Precision MIM gives me all the sound I need. Picked it up for $125 with trade in of my Cort action which never felt right

Reply to this thread