0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Greatest deal you've gotten on a guitar or bass?

Damn. For a 410, that ain't bad at all.
Other week there I was lucky enough to get Washburn B105 for £60 with a hardcase. It's my first 5 string and it plays like a dream, lovely neck.
Warwick Corvette 5-String, Blue with Active electronics used. 170$ out the door of a “pawn king” here where I live. No shiz either, could NOT beleive it when I seen the bass on the wall with a 159$ tag. Seen the price, the bass was MINT and RAN to the counter with it not missing a step or 2nd questioning it. Kinda stupid w/o playing it first, but I lucked out and needed only a lil cleaner on the pots, new 9v batt and some strings when I got home to my studio. (No case of course) Showing her TLC to this day. But to be honest I have been LOVING this new Laguna Ocean 4 sting since I got for for 180$ a week ago. Havent put it down since.
Twiggybass
175 dollars for a vingtage 1978 yahama RBX200 with Vingtage AMP
linkinpark232
Quote:
Warwick Corvette 5-String, Blue with Active electronics used. 170$ out the door of a “pawn king” here where I live. No shiz either, could NOT beleive it when I seen the bass on the wall with a 159$ tag. Seen the price, the bass was MINT and RAN to the counter with it not missing a step or 2nd questioning it. Kinda stupid w/o playing it first, but I lucked out and needed only a lil cleaner on the pots, new 9v batt and some strings when I got home to my studio. (No case of course) Showing her TLC to this day. But to be honest I have been LOVING this new Laguna Ocean 4 sting since I got for for 180$ a week ago. Havent put it down since.

You're so lucky! Those things are expensive!
@ Linkin - I know, like I said I RAN to the counter. But I failed to mention it is a “Warwick Rock Bass”, but still a STEAL. If I had my pixs on the cloud I would link to it. I even kept the price tag cuz it blows me away to look at it. ha ha..
I ALMOST had a rickenbacker for $200 at the same pawnshop. The old model that Cliff Burton played, sunburst with the sharktooth body edge and the metal sustain bridge in the case. I walked in, they had it in the original case with $200 on it. Was kinda rough, rusty PUP's, rusty tuners and no strings, but a lil TLC it would have been really good to go. I got SUPER excited, like a dam poodle pissing all over myself, and told the lady to hold it I had to RUN to the bank and will be RIGHT BACK ASAP. When I got back, it was gone… I asked wtf happened to that bass that was just sitting RIGHT HERE????? Lady at the counter said her boss seen me get so excited that he went online to price it and found out what it was really worth. I was soooooo ticked at myself for tipping them off. So from that day if I find a great deal I always keep a poker face. Not an ounce of BS either, I will remember that until the day im dead. The day I bought the Warwick I kept my poker face, acted like they should be taken money off cuz needed new strings, neck needed work, total BS and more BS. Live n learn.
linkinpark232
Hahahaha wow I bet you really regret doing that! I definitely would!
IamMark
I bought my first bass for $90. A brand new Squire P Bass. Metallic white, maple neck. Came with a case. This was in 1990, but still at the time that was dirt cheap.

I loved that bass. Felt and sounded great. I wish I still had it.

I ended up selling it to buy my G&L. I got $250 for it when I sold it two years later. Winning!

But I'd gladly give that $250 back for it today.
linkinpark232
Quote:
I bought my first bass for $90. A brand new Squire P Bass. Metallic white, maple neck. Came with a case. This was in 1990, but still at the time that was dirt cheap.I loved that bass. Felt and sounded great. I wish I still had it.I ended up selling it to buy my G&L. I got $250 for it when I sold it two years later. Winning!But I'd gladly give that $250 back for it today.

I know, the Fender Squier stuff is pretty good. I had a vintage special modified Jag bass and I didn't really like it. Now that I have my Tbird I kinda miss the Jag oh well they're only like 180.

Reply to this thread