0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Greatest deal you've gotten on a guitar or bass?

My dad scored a ‘75 Epiphone 335 Tabacco Burst finish with the case for $300 from some dumb pawn broker. It’s worth $1,700 just for the guitar.
Back about 88 I got a Wal for £500 plus with flightcase. Few years pasted and I sold it for £250 and beat-up Gibson SG. Since found out it was one of the original 40 Wals built.

Damn did he get a good deal!
Strathadam
Just picked up this Soundgear 400 at a local pawnshop for $200CDN

LoudLon [moderator]
^^^ Nice!
linkinpark232
Quote:

You lucky bastard
Quote:
How in the hell did you manage that one? Was the guy retarded or something???
linkinpark232
BassGuy I think so. Jesus if I had the money and could find shit like that I'd be all over it. Some guy on Craigslist sold me my Third and the hard shell case for 110. Some people..
Quote:
BassGuy I think so. Jesus if I had the money and could find shit like that I'd be all over it. Some guy on Craigslist sold me my Third and the hard shell case for 110. Some people..
Damn. It's nice when people don't do research on what they sell.
Strathadam
This shop really doesn't seem to have any rhyme nor reason to their pricing. Last fall they had a Squier Bronco strat (middling decent shape) for about $180, which is the same damn price you can pick one up for new at Long & McQuade. Soon as I saw the bass there last Friday, I practically trampled a few people getting it to the register. My luck generally blows, so there was no way in hell I was leaving without it.
According to the serial number, it was manufactured late in 2012, and aside from a tiny bit of belt buckle rash on the rear, it's pristine. Bought a lotto ticket on the way home afterwards, but it would seem I'd used up my allotment of good fortune
linkinpark232
Quote:
Quote: BassGuy I think so. Jesus if I had the money and could find shit like that I'd be all over it. Some guy on Craigslist sold me my Third and the hard shell case for 110. Some people.. Damn. It's nice when people don't do research on what they sell.

Well the guy was in a band for years! Haha he just said he needed money quickly to work on an old car. He had a 410 Ampeg cab that I shoulda got. He probably would've only wanted 200 for it

Reply to this thread