0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Could I put a long scale neck on my Fender Jag?

linkinpark232
10 years ago
Report this message
I have a Tbird which is a long scale but I use my Jag as a backup. I've got used to the long scale and it sounds SO much better. Can I just put a Fender Jag 34" neck onto mine if that exists?
Marko1960
No, definitely not, the distance between the nut and twelfth fret is the same distance between the twelfth fret and the bridge saddles with a slight compensation for intonation. So, if you have a short scale Jag, the distance from the twelfth fret to the bridge is 15“, if you put a long scale neck on the distance from the nut to the twelfth fret will be 17” and you won't be able to tune the guitar
Marko1960
The other thing is, the scale length has no link to why the two basses sound different, the Thunderbird has two humbucking pickups with a vol and tone for each, it has a Mahogany body and neck and if I'm not mistaken, through body stringing. The Jag has two single coils, a vol for each and one tone, aBasswood body and Maple neck. You should buy the bass in my profile pic, I built it, it's long scale with a Fender Jazz style narrow neck, Ash body with through body stringing, two MusicMan Humbuckers and an Active pre amp and it's the only one in the world
linkinpark232
I know that but the long scales have more of a punchy sound, not just because of the pickups
Marko1960
Fender make a long scale Jaguar, a bit more pricey than your VM Jag, but with your budget you could trade up

Reply to this thread