0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

The Most Overrated Musicians In The Biz Today

linkinpark232
Quote:
I think Manson is overrated musically! I have listened before i have judged and i just don't like. If i bash it's because i think he deserves it.I have no opinion of him as a person, he may well be a nice guy but to me his music sucks

Explain why he's overrated. Saying he sucks just means he sucks. Not overrated
mayhem
There are far better bands and singers out there who are more talented but because he has an image that sometimes shocks, that gets talked about more than his music, plus he is hyped up beyond belief. Bands like Metallica/Slayer/Iron Maiden/Pearl Jam/Motorhead, now these guys are just straight talking no bulls**t bands who put their music first and receive the proper respect from fans and critcs alike.
linkinpark232
Just his image is overrated then. And there is more than those bands you listed. Pearl Jam? Hahaha I wouldn't say they are no bullshit. Now Slayer that's a given. The greatest thrash/speed/death metal band right next to Exodus
mayhem
Nope! His image and music is overrated, it all goes hand in hand. The bands i listed have a touch of class and respectability about them.
Pearl Jam compared to Marilyn Manson, no contest! PJ would be hahahaing at manson with pity.
Slayer just rule!
linkinpark232
To me Pearl Jam is shit but I don't call them overrated. I fucking hate grunge. Pearl Jam's new album only sold because it was Pearl Jam. I heard it's their worst. And nah Slayer doesn't rule. There's a lot of death bsnds just as good. Such as Carcass. You listen to Death?
LoudLon [moderator]
Yeesh. First Trujillo and now Pearl Jam? Linkin, you're killing me! Please, I beg you, venture beyond the realms of metal and shock rock because there's an entire world of amazing music out there. Go, experience it! Now! Before it's too late, and you're left the only fifty year old on the planet who doesn't know that Marilyn Manson stole his act from Alice Cooper!
linkinpark232
Quote:
Yeesh. First Trujillo and now Pearl Jam? Linkin, you're killing me! Please, I beg you, venture beyond the realms of metal and shock rock because there's an entire world of amazing music out there. Go, experience it! Now! Before it's too late, and you're left the only fifty year old on the planet who doesn't know that Marilyn Manson stole his act from Alice Cooper!

Everyone knows Alice Cooper is the godfather of shock rock! And I listen to rap, classic rock, jazz, hip-hop, techno, ska, big band. I listen to everything. I just have lots of anxiety so what better thing to listen to when you hate everybody and have no friends because you're a fag than heavy metal? So yes I venture out everyday. You know who Grandmaster Flash and Run-DMC are don't you?
linkinpark232
And I loved Alice before I knew about Manson. My dad made sure I listened to Alice, not Manson! Hahahaha I listen to both. Going to see Alice and Crüe in September. Crüe's last year \m/
LoudLon [moderator]
Dude, I was in a break-dancing crew when I was thirteen, in 1984. I've forgotten more about Grandmaster Flash and Run DMC than most people will ever know. Now if you want to start talking about old-school hip hop, I can bust out some Sugarhill Gang, Dana Dane, Slick Rick, Doug E Fresh and the Get Fresh Crew, Whodini, ‘87 era LL Cool J…

But, it’s all in fun. I kid because I love. Sometimes a little too much, in fact. To this day my best friend won't trust me alone with his wife. No idea why.
linkinpark232
Quote:
Dude, I was in a break-dancing crew when I was thirteen, in 1984. I've forgotten more about Grandmaster Flash and Run DMC than most people will ever know. Now if you want to start talking about old-school hip hop, I can bust out some Sugarhill Gang, Dana Dane, Slick Rick, Doug E Fresh and the Get Fresh Crew, Whodini, ‘87 era LL Cool J…But, it’s all in fun. I kid because I love. Sometimes a little too much, in fact. To this day my best friend won't trust me alone with his wife. No idea why.

I love Sugar Hill Gang!!! They're the ones that did Rapper's Delight right?

Reply to this thread