0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Your Favorite Tuning and Why.

5 string guy
Posts: 710
12 months ago
Report this message
Quote
well mine would be either be a toss up between drop A (A,E,A,D,G), drop Db (Bb,Db,Ab,Db,Gb), or drop C (A,C,G,C,F)
These all feel right for whatever mood I'm in depending on the day.
linkinpark232
Posts: 1341
I always forget what tuning it is but Fieldy from Korn plays it. I use my 5 string for that. 4 string would probably be Drop D
DANNYBASSMAN93 [top submitter]
Posts: 510
mines drop B on a 4string or drop A definetly
LoudLon [moderator]
Posts: 789
Never tried 5-string, but as far as 4-string goes, most of the stuff I play is anywhere between standard and D drop C. Though in my old band we did a bunch of stuff in standard drop C, which I dig quite a bit. The higher sound of standard with the super-low C makes for a great dynamic.
Youri
Posts: 77
Standart has always been the best for me, even when I play metal. I don't really like how the strings wobble in any drop tuning even though they sound pretty cool.
johnny [staff]
Posts: 639
You need thicker strings if you don't want wobbling on lower tunings

standard is my favorite too. I also play a half step down often.
5 string guy
Posts: 710
Quote:
Never tried 5-string, but as far as 4-string goes, most of the stuff I play is anywhere between standard and D drop C. Though in my old band we did a bunch of stuff in standard drop C, which I dig quite a bit. The higher sound of standard with the super-low C makes for a great dynamic.
5 strings are amazing man.
5 string guy
Posts: 710
Quote:
I always forget what tuning it is but Fieldy from Korn plays it. I use my 5 string for that. 4 string would probably be Drop D
Korn is D standard, Bass (A,D,G,C,F) Guitar (A,D,G,C,F,E,A)
Fieldy also uses Dean Markley Strings and uses no mid range with his EQ and has a high Treble and Half and way on the Bass on his EQ as well.
5 string guy
Posts: 710
Quote:
You need thicker strings if you don't want wobbling on lower tuningsstandard is my favorite too. I also play a half step down often.
Thicker strings help tons. I run Ernie Ball Regular Slinkys on my old 5 String and use Power Slinkys on My Ibanez 5 string for metal and Jazz. The response is fantastic and I will not use any other brand of strings.
bassm99
Posts: 123
I like my good old fashioned standard tuning!
bass freak
Posts: 305
Standard.

Reply to this thread