0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

STOP COPYING OTHER PEOPLES BASS TABS O_____O

DANNYBASSMAN93 [top submitter]
11 years ago
Report this message
Guys and Girl Tabbers Out There

Seriously dont take credit for other people who work on bass tab songs. If you cant tab them dont steal them from others. I noticed that many people that submit tabs on the site just copy paste them from ultimate guitar and other sites. Its not fair that people who work hard on tabs dont get the recognition you people think you deserve for stealing tabs.

I noticed because i know some of the people who submitted those tabs originally on the sites before being posted here and theyve let me know about the situation as well as some of my tabs got copyed.

Sidsquishus
We've had a discussion along these lines here before, about people submitting tabs written by other people but making it look like they wrote the tab (by deleting the original tabbers name, for example). I think most folks on this site know that they can submit tabs written by others if we don't already have a tab of the song and IF they give credit to the original tabber. Tabbing is a lot of work and we need to recognize the effort of the original tabber.

Having said all that, I no longer put any ‘tabbed by’ info on my tabs - because I know that they are going to be posted to other sites with other people claiming to have written them. I know they will be ‘appropriated’ by others. Once it gets posted, as far as I'm concerned, it is gone, baby, gone - beyond my control and futile to worry about it. I just hope they are good enough to help someone learn to play the song well.
DANNYBASSMAN93 [top submitter]
Yeah man i understand fully i just dont like fakes in the tab world

Reply to this thread