0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Simple Minds Bass Tabs

2nick3
They're going strong in Europe, but it would be nice for them to come to this side of the pond. That's the US, specifically Raleigh, or even Cary (beautiful small outdoor amphitheater here) North Carolina, should anyone associated with SM be watching this thread.
I don't think a tour in the US would do well for Simple Minds. Their roots are mostly set in Europe - the only song that had any success in the States is “don't you”. The movie the Breakfast Club practically got them the World recognition that they receive now. If it wasn't for that movie, I highly doubt anybody in America would know who they are. Classified in my book as a “One Hit Wonder” Band.

Simple Minds Tour - http://www.simpleminds.com/sm/view_all_news_tours.php?cat=all&area=gigs

Notice the Tour Dates - They are not coming to America -
Sidsquishus
In my book, Simple Minds were a brilliant band, with Real to Real Cacophony and Empires and Dance being unequaled since. Absolutely brilliant work, IMO. I listen to them still, 35 years after being released.
Their work is good, but I guess what I was getting at is that their music just didn't take off well here in the States. Just seems they couldn't match or get beyond their “don't you” monster hit.
2nick3
And “Don't You” wasn't even their song.

I guess to make a typical US crowd happy they'd have to play Don't You, a few tracks from New Gold Dream (Someone, Somewhere and the title track, maybe Big Sleep), a few from Sparkle (Catwalk, Waterfront and Speed Your Love), then the entirety of Once Upon a Time.

Had they done the 5x5 Tour here there would have been maybe 20 very happy fans at each show.
Marko1960
There must be loads of bands over the pond that I've never heard of that are household names in the U S. I'm surprised Simple Minds didn't break over there, their music has a universal appeal. Never mind though, we'll keep Simple Minds if you promise to keep Country and Western and Billy Ray Cyrus
Marko1960
Come to think of it, we'll swap you Culture Club for Billy Ray
Quote:
Come to think of it, we'll swap you Culture Club for Billy Ray

No way Jose' – Don't like the exchange one bit. I'd rather keep the mullet hair cut boy than have Culture Club. Already have too many dancing flag wavers here as it is here…lol.
Quote:
And “Don't You” wasn't even their song.

2nick3 - ??? what do you mean by that statement? 'Cause the last time I checked, it is their song.
Debut: 1987
Marko1960
Keith Forsey wrote ‘Dont You’ for Billy Idol in 1985, Idol declined the song and Simple Minds later recorded it. Bosh

Reply to this thread