0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Mick Karn [Japan] Very much missed!

lovetheeighties
11 years ago
Report this message
I was listening to some Japan last night, such a cool, classy band. What struck me was how sophisticated & so out there was the bass playing of Mick Karn. Truly inspirational.
Anybody else like his style of playing?
Sidsquishus
I have the debut album on vinyl bought back in the day. I'll have to give it a spin!
Mick was so unique in so many ways with his playing. Gone too soon from this world when he still had so much to offer us musically!
bass freak
Not a huge Japan fan, but much respect for what they did & achieved. Mick's playing is exceptional, truly a gift that now gone we will all miss!
bassm99
Not enough positive words can express how much I rate & Love this bass player. Quite remarkable! I was lucky enough to see him play live, once with Japan & twice solo. Genius!! Very, very much missed!!!!
softcell62
Not much else to add, this man was a bass genius! The word genius is often overused but not in this case!!
Marko1960
Yeah I think Japan were the best band of that genre at the time and Micks playing was sublime
icehouse1
Loved Mick's bass playing. As much as I love Guy Pratt's playing in Icehouse it's not a patch on Mick. He was so ahead of his time.
Quote:
Mick was so unique in so many ways with his playing. Gone too soon from this world when he still had so much to offer us musically!
Very much like Clifford Lee Burton.
bass freak
At least Mick was able to live to a reasonable age (54), Cliff was taken from this planet way too soon at 24. I'm not a Metallica fan but Cliff's bass playing is awesome! Of the 2 players Mick does it for me & I find myself playing Japan songs every now & again & always think of Mick.
softcell62
Can you believe it's been 3 years since Mick's passing (4th January 2011)?

Reply to this thread