0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Site changes!

TheDude [staff]
12 years ago
Report this message
Alright, this has been long overdue, but we've made some changes to the site. And the changes are:

• users now have profiles
  • the request list has been made public
  • requests and submissions are only possible for registered users

There are still a few problems though, the request list was filled with rubbish and we haven't been able to clear it all out yet, but we're working on it. As of right now, only the last 100 requests are shown (and there are many, many more in our database).

We will clear this mess up, as well as add a few other nifty features. But for now, these changes will have to do.
Marko1960
You're still using a Sinclair ZX Spectrum though aren't you
Sidsquishus
I've noticed that when LoudLon or I have submitted a tab for a song on the request list, the song remains in the list as if still waiting for someone to make a tab.

It should be, IMO, that a song is dropped from the request list when a tab of that song is submitted. At the moment, there are at least two songs on the request apparently awaiting a tab, for which tabs have been submitted.

This creates the possibility for someone to waste time working a tab for a request when that has already been done. Please make songs on the request list disappear when a tab for the song is submitted.
LoudLon [moderator]
^^^ Seconded.
TheDude [staff]
as it is, they do disappear, as soon as they are approved. the request is deleted and the song appears on the site.

the change that is coming is that requests won't be deleted, but rather the status on them will change, and it will be displayed in the request list. that should be done over the weekend.
LoudLon [moderator]
That'll work, too.
Sidsquishus
hmmm….
Well, at the moment there is a request made by Chopps for Jane's Getting Serious by Jon Astley second from the bottom on the list. I tabbed and submitted this several weeks ago. It has been approved for awhile now, at least has been incorporated into the BigBassTabs database of tab, which I assume means approved.

Not sure what is going on then….
johnny [staff]
yeah, the system couldn't match the name - janes vs jane's

i'll fix that soon, sorry about that
Sidsquishus
Thanks Johnny
Marko1960
The thing is, The Dude posted this three years ago and received no comments, I made the Sinclair Spectrum comment last week and now you've all got round to replying to a three year old thread, lol
TheDude [staff]
lol, you're right. i didn't even notice that.

locking this thread.

Thread locked

This thread has been locked by an administrator.