0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Question from Twiggy

Marko1960
Florida's horrider than Whitley Bay
IamMark
All this talk has me feeling nostalgic.

I'm now taking my kids to Florida for Spring Break.

Lock n load.
MotorMog
Quote:
Florida's horrider than Whitley Bay

Had a mate in Lobley Hill near Gateshead who invited me and the Mrs up for a weekend in the early 2000's

We did the Whitley Bay experience fish and chips ,10 pints and froze our knackers off

Loved it and got change out of a twenty I think!

IamMark
Twiggy, don't let all the negative points steer you wrong. There are some great parts of Florida, and if you're looking for sun and water… you can't beat southern Florida.

You need to visit it and scope things out before making a big decision like a move.
Twiggybass
I do love sun and beach but you guys have experience. I don't want to go if it's going to be a disaster. Coral springs looks amazing. Same for Fort Launderdale. It looks gorgeous.
Twiggybass
I just don't want to end up with something. Oh, you know, a fucking disaster. I'm currently the States to say, for the first time. Coral Springs is near Fort Lauderdale. Is Fort Launderdale a junkhole?
IamMark
Like everywhere, you have nice parts and seedy parts. Most of Ft. Lauderdale is nice, but with nice come expensive.

Stay clear of Dania. Seriously, people get killed there all the time. Total Cuban ghetto.

Do you speak Spanish? Because just about everyone south of Juniper only speaks Spanish.
Marko1960
Quote:
Quote: Florida's horrider than Whitley Bay Had a mate in Lobley Hill near Gateshead who invited me and the Mrs up for a weekend in the early 2000'sWe did the Whitley Bay experience fish and chips ,10 pints and froze our knackers offLoved it and got change out of a twenty I think!
Twenty pence?
MotorMog
Quote:
Twenty pence?

OK so I may have over exaggerated slightly, it was more like 10p including the taxi
2nick3
I could give a list of things to be aware of if you moved to Raleigh, North Carolina (where I now live), or Southern California (where I grew up). No place is perfect. If you know about the negatives and they don't bother you, they won't impact your enjoyment of being there.

I would try to visit for a week or two, just to get a feel for the area. Or take the plunge but don't force yourself to stay fixed there - travel around the state a bit and decide if Fort Myers, Tampa, Port St. Lucie or the Jacksonville area would be a better fit for you.

If I had to move back to Florida, it would either be to Tarpon Springs (north of Tampa), Naples or West Palm Beach/Jupiter. I never lived in any of them, but went to each a few times while I lived in Tampa.

Reply to this thread