0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Question from Twiggy

Marko1960

You might want to check this out first
2nick3
I forgot two important things to know about before you move:

1. Love bugs. Genetically engineered at Florida (same school that invented Gatorade, for what that's worth) to eat mosquitoes. Their life cycle is this:
Hatch
Eat mosquito larva
Mate
Get smashed on the windshield of your car
Their guts are slightly acidic, so you can't just leave them on the car until the swarms are over (usually about 2 weeks). Yes, swarms. Clouds of them so think they reduce visibility. You have to wash it daily if you care, every few days if you don't.

Note: the daily thunderstorms do not wash the bugs off for you. No such luck.

2. University of Florida, Florida State University, and where you will be, University of Miami fans. Three of the most obnoxious specimens of the human race that there are. The “Gator Chomp” and the “Tomahawk Chop”, which you will see EVERYWHERE in college football season, will identify them for you. No idea what the Miami fans do, as I lived in Tampa and we were pretty insulated from them, but I'm sure it's just as annoying. The more of them in a group, the more annoying they are to everyone around them. And if you get a group from UF and FSU in the same place, leave. They will compete on how obnoxious they can be, and it escalates quickly.

2a. For some fun, ask them what it was like going there. Over 80% of them didn't. Ask them where they went; the most common answers will be they didn't go to college, or they went to South Florida (in Tampa) or Central Florida (outside Orlando). Then ask them why they wouldn't be big fans of their own schools. The sad look they get on their faces is priceless.

2b. If you see a FSU fan getting into a BMW (red, of course, because they don't come in gold), watch out. Very easily the worst drivers on the roads, and that's including all of the New Yorkers who move to Florida when they are going to lose their licenses “back north”. Red BMWs with a FSU license plate frame should come with warning flashers so everyone else can just get away from them - the driver isn't going to acknowledge anyone else is on the road anyway. You have been warned.
IamMark
Quote:
2. University of Florida, Florida State University, and where you will be, University of Miami fans. Three of the most obnoxious specimens of the human race that there are. The “Gator Chomp” and the “Tomahawk Chop”, which you will see EVERYWHERE in college football season, will identify them for you. No idea what the Miami fans do, as I lived in Tampa and we were pretty insulated from them, but I'm sure it's just as annoying. The more of them in a group, the more annoying they are to everyone around them. And if you get a group from UF and FSU in the same place, leave. They will compete on how obnoxious they can be, and it escalates quickly. 2a. For some fun, ask them what it was like going there. Over 80% of them didn't. Ask them where they went; the most common answers will be they didn't go to college, or they went to South Florida (in Tampa) or Central Florida (outside Orlando). Then ask them why they wouldn't be big fans of their own schools. The sad look they get on their faces is priceless.2b. If you see a FSU fan getting into a BMW (red, of course, because they don't come in gold), watch out. Very easily the worst drivers on the roads, and that's including all of the New Yorkers who move to Florida when they are going to lose their licenses “back north”. Red BMWs with a FSU license plate frame should come with warning flashers so everyone else can just get away from them - the driver isn't going to acknowledge anyone else is on the road anyway. You have been warned.
This is very accurate.

Your best bet is to not get involved in college sports conversations in Florida. Nothing good ever comes from it.

Also avoid conversations relating to the Civil War, it will inevitably end up with someone claiming Florida is part of the South and the confederate heritage is not about racism. They're lying. And chances are they have a confederate flag license plate on their Camaro.
Marko1960
Sounds like hes better off in Baghdad
Quote:
Sounds like hes better off in Baghdad

well, fewer people carry guns in Baghdad, sooooo…
IamMark
Quote:
well, fewer people carry guns in Baghdad, sooooo…

Not true.

You only hear about the shootings in America because the weapons in America are more accurate.
Twiggybass
You guys are awesome. Wow, so on the whole, Florida is not the best option? It says Coral Springs is gorgeous though?
Twiggybass
Trump won't win, I don't think.
MotorMog
Can't say I'm sold on the move twiggy

As much as i hate working predominantly outside in the winter (which isn't much fun as an electrical engineer), i would go nuts not living in a temperate climate

Keep your Florida, West Sussex will do for me

Reply to this thread