0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Favorite amp and reason?

Asio
I've used a few amps so far, I've used a Marshall MB4210, an Ampeg BA, and some Ashdown rootmaster and all these were amazing, especially the Ashdown, what's your favorite amp, reason, and any other amp related knickknacks that fascinate you.

~Asio
One of the handiest things I have is a Vox amPlug Bass - it's a little headphone amp that it about the size of a cigarette lighter. It's got a tone control and three backing track choices: click track, “jazz” drum track (nice little swing/shuffle beat) and a rock setting, and you can change the volume and tempo of the backing tracks. It's not like it's got amazing tone or anything, but I can throw it in my bag or case, go for a walk and play on a bench in the park with my headphones on, it's got an AUX port so I can plug my phone into it and play along with music, and it's great for travel - no need to haul around a practice amp. Just a great little piece of gear.

Goll65
i have an ashdown set a head with 2 cabs 1 15 inch and 1 with 2 10inchers

where did you get this Vox plug? sounds cool
Quote:

I ordered mine from Amazon but I've seen them in a few music shops and they're all over online shops and some good reviews on YouTube.
2nick3
Quote:
Quote: where did you get this Vox plug? sounds cool I ordered mine from Amazon but I've seen them in a few music shops and they're all over online shops and some good reviews on YouTube.

There's also the iRig, which turns your iPhone/iPad/Android device into a DSP effect unit and pocket amp.

The software for it is free (called Amplitube), but you have to buy most of the DSP effects. The one you DON'T pay for is the best - it has the ability to import songs to play along to. In that feature you can loop, and more importantly you can adjust playback speed without impacting the tone. Very cool for working on a tough passage.

So even if you don't get the iRig hardware device, you can run Amplitube and use the play-along feature for free.
boppa
I have a Rumble 150, that I enjoy, but I use a Fender BXR 25 watt around the house, for practicing. I am looking at a Peavey 450 head, with a 2 10 and a 15 paired with it. Just trying to figure out where to put all of it.

Boppa
It's only my first (six months running), but I use a Fender Rumble 25. I like that it has three equalization knobs to help balance the sound. My folks sometimes use a three-channel input amplifier for their Slovenian-style button box accordions. One night I was practicing in the dining room and plugged my Ibanez into their amp. Possibly due to my beginner's ear; I couldn't tell any sound difference.

Also, Goll65;
Quote:
I've seen that brand of amp at the three music stores in my area – my bass teacher has two VOX tube amps.
IamMark
Quote:
It's only my first (six months running), but I use a Fender Rumble 25. I like that it has three equalization knobs to help balance the sound. My folks sometimes use a three-channel input amplifier for their Slovenian-style button box accordions. One night I was practicing in the dining room and plugged my Ibanez into their amp. Possibly due to my beginner's ear; I couldn't tell any sound difference.
Crank up the gain. That should show you the difference.

Reply to this thread