0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

beginner:/

BDF
some ramones songs are pretty easy, and help you get timing down.
purplez
http://www.bigbasstabs.com/bass_lessons_bass_tabs/bachata_basics_1.html

Learn that root fifth thing in this tab from DANNYBASSMAN93.

It is a really useful thing to learn for a beginner, don't worry if you don't know how to play in that style, its the actual skill of playing that riff you want to learn.

Put on a beat at a comfy speed and play the second riff shown.. bump bump bumpbump

LoudLon [moderator]
I find it helps a lot in training your ear that rather than making it a point to learn every note in a song when you're first starting out – which can quickly become overwhelming – instead just put on a song and try to find the key. Listen for and learn how to identify changes. Once you're comfortable with that, then branch out to octaves and sclaes and what-not. Just focus at first on rhythm and key. All the fancy playing in the world won't save a bass player who can't maintain a rhythm or play in key.
Quote:
I find it helps a lot in training your ear that rather than making it a point to learn every note in a song when you're first starting out – which can quickly become overwhelming – instead just put on a song and try to find the key. Listen for and learn how to identify changes. Once you're comfortable with that, then branch out to octaves and sclaes and what-not. Just focus at first on rhythm and key. All the fancy playing in the world won't save a bass player who can't maintain a rhythm or play in key.

Also second on Shitlist by L7, amazing band. Jennifer Finch is my icon here.
Money by Pink Floyd is a must
And I have ton of fun playing The New @$!# You by Street Sweeper Social Club, its pretty easy. And has Tom Morello on guitar

Reply to this thread