0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Rickenbacker 4004LK, R.I.P Lemmy

Marko1960
I'd never buy a signature bass, its the player not the instrument that counts. Fender made a Dick Dale Strat then Dick altered his actual Strat, so they caught up then he changed it again, this went on and on till Fender gave up, now theres so many Dick Dale Strats but not one like the original, good on you Dicky boy
Leiria
Quote:
I'd be more inclined to buy it without a signature on it. You have to figure a non-signature bass with the same specs would cost a bit less, and there are people who will assume a lot about you from the name on your bass. Just because you might have a Dee Dee Ramone signature PBass doesn't mean you only play punk, or that you're even a Ramones fan, just that you liked the bass!

True and for the record I'm not into the whole signature thing either, but there isn't always a no-signature equivalent with the same specs and you can always get rid of the signature on the headstock
I can't speak for Lemmy, but if for some reason after I passed if someone were to make a “signature” bass I really wouldn't like for them to make much profit. To me that's really kind of sick, but that's my opinion. But if it were t happen I wouldn't want anything flashy, I'd want something solid enough that I'd play put out at an insanely low price so people could actually enjoy the thing. Like if my name is put on an instrument I don't want it put in glass, I'd want that in some punk van being beaten nearly to death every night. Just how I'd prefer it though
Marko1960
Heres how to get a cheap Jaco Pastorius Jazz Bass. Buy a Fender American Standard 60s Jazz Bass in Sunburst with Tortoiseshell scratchplate, take the frets off

Bosh
Leiria
Quote:
Heres how to get a cheap Jaco Pastorius Jazz Bass. Buy a Fender American Standard 60s Jazz Bass in Sunburst with Tortoiseshell scratchplate, take the frets offBosh
Or just buy a Squier VM Fretless and sand it a bit so it looks worn
Marko1960

Or just buy a Squier VM Fretless and sand it a bit so it looks worn

Hmmm, If Jaco was alive today he'd be spinning in his grave
IamMark
If Jaco was alive why would he be in a grave?
Marko1960
Hes in a grave…so
purplez
Quote:
If Jaco was alive why would he be in a grave?

Drugs probably..?
Marko1960
Mouthing off to a night club bouncer who then proceeded to unleash the beast…I think

Reply to this thread