0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

R I P SCOTT WIELAND

Marko1960
A great loss but sadly inevitable, DONT DO DRUGS KIDS!
MotorMog
Yep also sad but not surprised

Really liked the first STP album and caught the final Velvet Revolver tour, cant deny he was a good front man but unfortunately his demons got the better of him in the end

LoudLon [moderator]
Oh my God. This is terrible. Weiland had his problems but I've been a big fan of his since he and STP first hit. I know he's not been with them for a while now but I kind of always held out hope that some day they might iron out their differences and he'd rejoin the group. STP is a personal favorite of mine, IMO one of the best bands to emerge from the 90s alt-rock scene, and Weiland was a stellar front man.

I'm truly saddened by this.
BDF
awful news. I'm more sad now than I was when I heard about Kurt, maybe b/c I am older now and can appreciate what a loss it is more?

interstate love song is an all time great, i'm listening to it now and think I'll play a few STP songs tonight on the old 4 string.
2nick3
I'm with Lon - I thought their self-titled reunion album in 2010 was great, and was always holding out hope they'd give it another shot, but I can understand why the band might not go for it (yet again).

RIP, and Core is going on the the CD player now:

I am smelling like the rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed…
Marko1960
Me and the lads used to do Fall To Pieces and You Got No Right, I love those songs, he'll be sadly missed
IamMark
I thought I listened to a radio interview with Dean De Leo and Scott that as soon as Scott was done with his current band's tour that they'd give STP another shot and has some studio time already booked.

Pretty sad.
LoudLon [moderator]
Quote:
interstate love song is an all time great, i'm listening to it now and think I'll play a few STP songs tonight on the old 4 string.

Anytime I sit down to jam, I load up my VLC player with a selection of randomly picked songs, but I always intentionally include at least three or four STP tracks. In fact they're probably the band I jam to the most. Awesome bass lines, catchy guitar riffs, and Weiland's vocals…as soon as I get the time I'm going to put on Core and play along with the entire album in memorium.

Damn, this really makes me sad.
Wait what? That sucks, they were talking about him coming back
So THIS is why Nikki Sixx posted about drug users dying on his Facebook…

Reply to this thread