0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Home Recording Packages/Bundles

Guinny
I'm thinking about picking up a home recording package but I know next to nothing about these things. Have any of you purchased something similar? This comes with a bunch of software as well.

Marko1960
Protools
Leiria
Just pirate Protools and Guitar Rig. You'll still have to get either a DI or a cable that came with Guitar Rig so you can just plug your bass/guitar directly into the USB and a mic
Recording of the bass is done with a Line6 BackTrack digital recorder, which creates an uncompressed wav-file. The headphone output of my BP90 multi-effect pedal is fed into this BackTrack recorder.
Here's a tutorial that explains my way of working with freeware programs.
Guinny
ProTools would require me to use a Mac, is that correct? If so, I am not interested in using anything by Apple.

Leiria - I am considering this option.

Jay, very informative video. Thanks.
Marko1960
I'm sure there's a Protools for Windows, I'm not an Apple fan either
Leiria
Well Guitar Rig works on windows and it says it can be connected to Protools so I assume so
Guinny
Man, I wish I had paid attention in school…

I spent a decade playing but I was never interested in the recording/production side of things. I must admit I have fallen down the rabbit hole trying to understand all the different options.
I called the shop I deal with and they agreed to show me a bunch of options. I am hoping to go and see them this coming weekend.

Jebus, I can just imagine what it is going to be like when I have to figure out how to use whichever software I choose to go with.
Marko1960
Whichever software you do go with, the next thing you will need is a pair of monitors, don't confuse hi fi speakers with monitors…diferent animal
Quote:
Whichever software you do go with, the next thing you will need is a pair of monitors, don't confuse hi fi speakers with monitors…diferent animal
Those certainly are different animals. I don't use monitors. I use headphones instead, but that's personal preference.

Reply to this thread