0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Pet Peeves (re: Music)

Quote:
Fade outs can be pretty stupid but sometimes (very few) it actually sounds good and goes with the song

Very good point, however I can only think of a couple: The Doors - Riders on the Storm and Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here. And on both of those there are no instruments playing, only sound effects. One that really intrigues me is Toto's Hydra. As the song fades out the boys really start getting busy in an interesting jam not heard during the song. Perhaps, in the studio, they were transitioning into another song but I've yet to figure out where they were going. All I know is I want to hear more and then they're gone . . .
blue
Have to admit I like/can live with pretty much everything on this list! Fade outs are forgivable because I'd rather the song fade then have a crappy ending (and if it fades, I assume they don't know how to write a really good end), swearing doesn't faze me and auto-tune genuinely helps people who can't sing but want to make music. Plus I'll forgive any lack of vocal talent/song meaning if I can dance to it
Leiria
Quote:
Quote: Fade outs can be pretty stupid but sometimes (very few) it actually sounds good and goes with the song Very good point, however I can only think of a couple: The Doors - Riders on the Storm and Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here. And on both of those there are no instruments playing, only sound effects. One that really intrigues me is Toto's Hydra. As the song fades out the boys really start getting busy in an interesting jam not heard during the song. Perhaps, in the studio, they were transitioning into another song but I've yet to figure out where they were going. All I know is I want to hear more and then they're gone . . .
A handful of songs from the first Stooges album ended in fades and I liked it that way. So did a few others on Raw Power.
Flipper - Get Away

Thats actually all I can think of right now that are good that way. Im not saying I like fade outs. I can actually think of more that sound bad than good Im just trying to say that each song is different and whats good for one isnt good for another
Leiria
Oh and the Stooges also have a song called Open Up and Bleed. Theres no studio version, just some live versions that came off some bootlegs. Some fade out, others actually have the full ending. The full ending ruins the mood of the song and the fade ones sound nice (IMO)
Karaoke DJs.

Reply to this thread