0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Duran Duran Bass Tabs

Hugorj
Quote:
Hugorj, I think the interlude part is in Bb minor. This is what I got: Tabs: x4G|-----------------------------------------|D|----4>---468>-68>-6886>-46>----6>-46>-464|A|6>------6-------------------444----------|E|-----------------------------------------|

Sid, I like your interlude. But I think there is a change in the middle. I made other, check:

Tabs:
G|----------653-------------------------|
D|--4---468-------4---4-----------------|
A|6---6---------6---6---6~--------------|
E|--------------------------------------|

What do you think?
Hugorj
Sid, Perfect Day = Perfect Tab
Sidsquishus
Thank you for checking, Gerr and Hugorj.

Hugorj, I think the bass is playing more notes than you have for the Box interlude, but I agree there should be a change in the middle. However, I don't hear the high notes of the G string. Here's what I have now based on your feedback and listening again:

Tabs:
Interlude x4
G:||----------------|----------------||
D:||---4>-468>68>688|6>46>6436>46>464||
A:||6>---6----------|----------------||
E:||----------------|----------------||

This is what I hear between about 1:50 and 1:57.4, then it repeats three more times. cheers.
Hugorj
I did a verse for “Electric Barbarella”. Please check it out!

Electric Barbarella

Verse:

Tabs:
G|--5--6----------------------|
D|--------------8---10--------|
A|3--4---5-55-----------------| 4x
E|------------6---8----5-55---|
Hugorj
Box Full o'Honney: I'm really confused by this sound, I can not hit the notes that I think should be …..
Hugorj
I made a new version of Edge of America. I submitted it.
johnny [staff]
Here it is:

Edge of America
Sidsquishus
Quote:
Box Full o'Honney: I'm really confused by this sound, I can not hit the notes that I think should be …..

For me, it is very helpful to figure out what key the song is in (or the part of the song - sometimes verse and chorus are different). Once I know the key, then I know that I can focus on the notes of that scale as I try to figure out what is played. When I am trying to figure out the key, I pay the most attention to the root notes (notes on the strong beats) and not so much attention to the transition notes used between the root notes.

Here is a reference for the notes of different keys/scales:

http://online-musical-scales.com/index.php/common-major-scales-and-arpeggios

Then when tabbing, if I tab a note that is not in that scale, then I know I should check it carefully because usually, only the notes of the scale are used.

Quote:
I made a new version of Edge of America. I submitted it.

Cool! We can check it out!
Hugorj
Sid, please check my Electric Barbarella verse
Sidsquishus
Mari7, Gerr, please help with checking and rating! We have much for checking

In the New Bass Tabs, Edge of America (Hugorj), Before The Rain (Sid), Perfect Day (Sid). Please give ratings.

In this thread, the parts of Box Full o' Honey, Electric Barbarella, and Like An Angel. Maybe there is more even? Cheers.

Reply to this thread