0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Xavier brand basses?

dprewitt
11 years ago
Report this message
Anybody bought a Xavier bass, they look nice, but I have never seen a used one for sale. Curious if they are any good.
Sidsquishus
Hadn't heard of them before you posted. Looks like a relatively new company out of Taiwan. You might do a search on BassTalk.com to see if anyone has posted anything about Xavier basses.
Sidsquishus
The general opinion seems to be that Xaviere basses are a good deal for the money.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/guitar-fetish-now-selling-basses-825131/

The discussion has been going on awhile and there are a couple of reports of a the bass being of poor quality. But most say they are very impressed with the bass. Sounds like they are worth considering, especially if your local shop has them.

The price is certainly attractive:
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Xaviere-Bass-Guitars_c_362.html
Sidsquishus
Hey - there are Xavier basses (made in Taiwan) and Xaviere basses carried by Guitar Fetish. They are not the same things.

The reviews on TalkBass are for the Xaviere basses. I know nothing about the Xavier basses.
jlock54
Just got a Xaviere P Bass from Guitarfetish as a backup to my Ric 4003. It's natural alder with a rosewood fretboard. The cost was 169.00 plus 23.00 shipping. Upon getting it I had a professional set up ($50.00) and replaced the stock roundwounds with D'Addario Chrome Flatwounds. Man this axe sounds SWEET!!! I used to have a Squier P Bass and the Xaviere blows it away. Good even tone from the pickups and genuine alder (not basswood). I also used to have a Fender American Standard J Bass and the Xaviere plays as sweet. So for $169.00 for the bass, $23.00 for shipping, $50.00 for the set up and $30.00 for the flatwound strings I have a quality new backup bass for under $275.00.
IamMark
Dang, a solid block of alder costs $50.

How are these Taiwanese making any money???

Reply to this thread