0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

What are we missing?

Guinny
Quote:
Relax, do you really think I was blaming him for things that happened centuries ago?

I just wanted to clarify. I'm pretty new to the forum and didn't want to come off as a pot stirrer. I was just having a laugh.
Marko1960
Chill man, all is cool, Anglo/Portuguese relations are fine and dandy
IamMark
Is there a way to sort tabs by genre?

For example, I've been asked to play some holiday music (Christmas songs), and couldn't tell you who wrote any of those songs in the public domain, so finding them is a little tricky.

Then I got to thinking, why doesn't this site allow for filtering of tabs by music genre by most popular (highest rated). For example, you could select all Holiday Songs, and a list of songs by the most stars would show. Same for Country, Rock, Pop, Punk, etc.
Marko1960
Yeah I see what you mean, the list would be like;
ROCK,
ALL THE OTHER CRAP

BOSH
johnny [staff]
Not a bad idea. Currently it doesn't allow filtering because we don't have that information in our database. We'd need to scrape wikipedia or some other resource to determine what artist belongs to what genre.
IamMark
Quote:
Not a bad idea. Currently it doesn't allow filtering because we don't have that information in our database. We'd need to scrape wikipedia or some other resource to determine what artist belongs to what genre.
Cant we add a field to the tab upload? There's already song title and artist name, so the tabber can use a dropdown to assign the tab a genre?
2nick3
Has anyone looked at expanding the user profiles? Listing of our gear, links to YouTube channels and band/project pages, stuff like that.
Leiria
There's an about section. You can put pretty much anything in there
LoudLon [moderator]
How about the ability to delete old PMs?
Marko1960
As Garth said in ‘Wayne’s World',
…“We fear change”

Reply to this thread