0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

What Inspired You To Play Bass?

Marko1960
Because “Nobody Wants to be the Bass Player” that was a red rag to a bull to me
johnny [staff]
Quote:
Steve Harris, Number of the Beast tour 1982…..

I wish I were alive back then to see this

I've seen them live twice however (both in the 00s)
Cliff Burton! And bass is much more interesting and unique than guitar.
Fredrick
when I was 12 I got into KISS, and saw the “I was made for loving you” music vid and I couldn't help but notice Gene thundering on the low E and its octave at the beginning. So one day when I was in Florida with my dad, I entered a Best Buy and this one had a very good selection of instruments. I picked up a Fender Jazz Bass and started doing exactly what Gene was doing (octaving), and I loved it. From then on I was hitched. And up to this day I do not know how to play ANY songs by KISS.
Marko1960
Quote:
Quote: Steve Harris, Number of the Beast tour 1982….. I wish I were alive back then to see this I've seen them live twice however (both in the 00s)
I'm from the same town as Janick Gers, Hartlepool, my lead guitarist, Stevie B blew Gers out of the water, all Gers could muster as he walked out was, “Huh”. See Stevie B on YouTube, ‘TheRizingForce’
Chris (unspellable and unpronounceable last name) from Muse, cause Muse got me seriously into music, Chris made me think about learning bass, so I looked a great bassist and I came across a street bassist in Newcastle, Steven Oliver Jones, nickname OJay and I thought awesome!!!
Marko1960
Quote:
Chris (unspellable and unpronounceable last name) from Muse, cause Muse got me seriously into music, Chris made me think about learning bass, so I looked a great bassist and I came across a street bassist in Newcastle, Steven Oliver Jones, nickname OJay and I thought awesome!!!
Chris Wollstenholme, (Wool-Sten-Home) simples unless you are Polish like half the population of Newcastle
softcell62
Chris from Muse is an excellent bass player!
I was never inspired. I just tried it one day and it felt right. When you know, you just know.
As a child teen of the 80s, I was an MTV addict. Music was in my life constantly, Rock in particular. As I have grown, it has been with me always, I hit 5 or 6 headliners annually. I also worked lights, and push crew as a part time gig so I have been around Live shows for years. Bass, for some reason has always been what I was drawn to. I focused on the bass player and dug the grove. I waited til just last year to pick up my first and it is my new passion/hobby. My hero's of the 80's werent necessarily 5 star bassists but were mine non the less. Ross Valory, Roger Capps, Geddy Lee, and the Ox (well he was fantastic), the list goes on and on.

Reply to this thread