0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

What Inspired You To Play Bass?

cj1234
cliff burton
it not being a guitar like everyone else plays
Cheekychuck
I'm not smart enough to play guitar. The bass had. 4 strings as opposed to 6. That should make it like a third easier. So far so good.
boppa
I always focused for whatever reason on the low end of any song. Having four big ass strings for my meathooks helped. Ironically, it took me fifty years before I pulled my head out and got my first bass and started playing. Now it is a matter of balancing practice, lessons, and trying not to ge too frustrated. Life is good.
linkinpark232
I prefer guitar but I don't really know of anything that influenced me. I picked up a bass because my old band needed a bassist. Getting used to singing and playing isn't that hard if you practice so luckily even though I barely wanted to play I picked it up easily and I enjoy it. Influences on me are Twiggy, Flea, or David Ellefson
DANNYBASSMAN93 [top submitter]
Well at first it was my uncle but then i got this obsession with trying to be a better musician than my cousin since he always got all the attention in the family until one day he came up to me and told me himself i was a better musician. so in conclusion mission accomplished. So now i just help those bass players or keyboardists who need help playing and i tutor and give lessons. OH and FLea off course his inspiration was key as well.
LoudLon [moderator]
I always wanted to play an instrument. Never got around to it ‘til I joined the Army, when I started playing drums. Couple years after I got out, I overheard an uncle of mine – who was a semi-pro musician at the time – talking about music and he said something along the lines of “A good bass player is worth his weight in gold.” So I decided to take up bass. Played for a year or so, then a friend at work said he needed a rhythm guitarist for his band and asked if I could play. I lied like a motherfucker and said yes, because I’d always wanted to be in a band. So I crash-coursed myself on some guitar lessons and started guitar. Stayed with guitar until about four, five months ago, when I decided I missed and wanted to get back to bass.

So there you have it.
I was offered the choice between guitar and bass in high school and choose bass because I thought to myself, Their are enough shitty guitar players out there already, the world doesn't need anymore. So I choose bass.
linkinpark232
Quote:
I was offered the choice between guitar and bass in high school and choose bass because I thought to myself, Their are enough shitty guitar players out there already, the world doesn't need anymore. So I choose bass.

Hahahahaha that is so true! There are so many guitarists who think they're like better than jimmy page and they can barely play a song with simple chords
Steve Harris, Number of the Beast tour 1982…..

Reply to this thread