0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Show your videos on YouTube

My latest. I originally covered this song four months ago but it had some issues so i finally sat down and redid it. As far as i know no tabs exist for this song and truth be told i learned most of it from a video of a guitar cover.
Gotta love Behemoth
johnny [staff]
hehe you cat casually strolls around

you'd use way less energy if you also played upstrokes, though. Have you tried practicing alt. picking?
Leiria
Isnt he the guy who had aspergers? If Im not mistaken there is someone on the forum that has it and cant do at. picking
Quote:
Isnt he the guy who had aspergers? If Im not mistaken there is someone on the forum that has it and cant do at. picking

I would be that guy. Johnny, ive never been able to alternate pick very quickly, or at least not consistently. Its not easy to explain but basically I am an exceedingly poor multitasker and cant divide attention between my fretting and picking hands. Really its probably nothing short of remarkable that i can even play at all. most of the time my attention is on my fretting hand which means i can only downstroke, the simplest autonomous motion for me. if i try to alternate up and down I have to take attention away from fretting to make it happen which then becomes uncoordinated. I can do it slowly but if the riff gets too fast or complicated i have to shift attention back to fretting which causes my to downpick again. I cant do fingerstyle for the same reason. dont get my wrong alternate picking would make things easier and i would do it if i could but this hasn't improved after eight years and i doubt it ever will.
LoudLon [moderator]
So you do the best you can with what you've got. Mad respect, man.
Here's one picked alternatingly. Normally I don't pick, but this was fun to do and it helps keep rhythm.
I took it rather easy with that capo at fret #1.

An older video. I learned this song way back in the day before i began making videos.
can you do Fucked With A Knife by Cannibal Corpse? I'd love to see that without alt. picking
Quote:
can you do Fucked With A Knife by Cannibal Corpse? I'd love to see that without alt. picking

lol, yeah sure. I dont know, I thought about doing some CC (Evisceration plague) but Alex Webster is not to be trifled with. I have a feeling I would have to drop half the notes just to stay on time.

Reply to this thread