0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

action adjustment?

tnaigneerg
I think I need a little help fixing the action on my Ibanez. Right now I'm getting a little rattle on E and A. If I raise it it becomes to high on the neck. Almost seems that the neck might be bowed.
Here's a question: Is the neck bowed?
Can you adjust your trussrod?
I can adjust it but a little info would be nice ,also how can I tell of its bowed?
Quote:
I can adjust it but a little info would be nice ,also how can I tell of its bowed?

The easiest way would be to look down the neck from the headstock. If the neck is bowed than you should be able to see it. Another way would be to fret a string at the first fret and which ever fret is closest to where the neck meets the body (twentieth for me, yours may be different). the gap between the string and the fret closest to the middle of this distance (give or take eighth fret for me) is your neck relief.
Sounds like you need to set the relief on the neck and there's a couple other things that need done. I have a SR300 that I set up using Dave's World of Fun Stuff as a reference. I've now set up a few basses to have great action like I dig'em. What I've found with a couple Ibanez is that you may need to level the frets also. Good Luck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yV7wY2HQkk

Reply to this thread