0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Any horror fans?

LoudLon [moderator]
Well, you can't please everybody. I loved it myself, WAY more than House of 1,000 Corpses which I thought was profoundly mediocre.
johnny [staff]
I loved the way they used freebird in the ending almost makes you feel sorry for the family.
linkinpark232
That was the first time I've ever heard the whole thing of Freebird, just never had any interest in listening to it.
LoudLon [moderator]
I honestly never liked that song UNTIL I heard it in the movie. Kind of added a new level to it.
johnny [staff]
I liked it from before, but now every time I hear it I remember that scene.
linkinpark232
I did feel sorry for the family because it was one of the best families ever. Lol Otis has to be one of the most badass movie characters ever.
limmy
how do you guys feel about italian cannibal splatter films? I really like cannibal holocaust and cannibal ferox. do you count them as horror or just exploitation?
LoudLon [moderator]
I'm a big fan of Italian horror, especially Argento, Fulci, Soavi and the Bavas, but not so much the cannibal films – or at least not the ones which featured scenes of real animal death and torture. Even in the ‘70s and ’80s FX were evolved enough, even in Italy, to fake such things convincingly, so for them to include sequences of animals being chopped to pieces and gutted is inexcusable. Granted the director(s) went on to state that the animals were then prepared and eaten afterward, but even if that's true (and let's face it, knowing Ruggero Deodato and Umberto Lenzi, it more than likely isn't) that's no excuse to kill them slowly and inhumanely for a the sake of a cheap shock. Still, those flicks do have their fans. I'm not one of them, but I'm also not one to judge those who are. We all have our peccadilloes.

At any rate, while they both focus primarily on the exploitation angle, they do also contain some horror elements. So I guess you could classify them as both.
linkinpark232
I don't really like cannibal stuff unless it's kind of like House of 1,000 Corpses. Always wanted to see Cannibal Holocaust
LoudLon [moderator]
Might want to hold off on that one ‘til you know you’ll be able to stomach it, Link. It's one of those movies which earns every bit of its nasty reputation. My niece watched it a few years ago for the first time and was in tears by the end, it was so disturbing. And she was 18 at the time. I warned her, but she didn't listen lol

Reply to this thread