0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Make and model of the first bass you owned

Mine was an Ibanez EB400 4 string, Discontinued, fast neck, EMG pickups, decent sound. Have since made her a fretless and now rock a Schecter Stiletto Custom 5 with EMG-HZ active pickups.
Ibanez SR300
linkinpark232
Speaking of EMG pickups (not trying to get off-topic) would I be able to switch my stock SG passive pickups for Emg 81/85 actives? I've got a thread about it, reply on that if you have any idea.
Cheekychuck
First bass was an all black Cort Action with active pickups. Sold it after six months and bought my Fender Precision. Placid blue/ pearloid pickguard, gold Gotoh bridge and tuning pegs.
Not sure of the model But it was a white body & head with gold Hardware (she was a bute) Carvin 4 string. I sold her, I did not realize what a nice bass she was till it was to late
My first bass was a Quest ATAK. It wasn't top of the line, but wasn't a bad instrument either. It was stolen and that led me to better instruments.
linkinpark232
The thing I hate most is instrument snobs, especially people who don't even play guitar. So what if I have an Epiphone instead of a Gibson or a Squier instead of a Fender Standard, it doesn't matter to me. I'm a guitar snob to an extent just because I know what is actually a cheap piece of firewood or a quality instrument. Like the name matters, if I can get a good, aggressive, heavy-as-hell tone out of it I'm fine. And it also bugs me when beginners look at buying like American Strats and Gibsons, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO PLAY!!!!!
blackie333
Quote:
The thing I hate most is instrument snobs, especially people who don't even play guitar. So what if I have an Epiphone instead of a Gibson or a Squier instead of a Fender Standard, it doesn't matter to me. I'm a guitar snob to an extent just because I know what is actually a cheap piece of firewood or a quality instrument. Like the name matters, if I can get a good, aggressive, heavy-as-hell tone out of it I'm fine. And it also bugs me when beginners look at buying like American Strats and Gibsons, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO PLAY!!!!!

I agree. I have an Epiphone T-bird classic-IV Pro and I think it's as good as the Gibsons for half the price.
Sadwings
I've been playing for about a year now and didnt want to spend mega bucks on a bass. I researched to find what was comfortable for me, both wallet and wear & tear.
I ended up buying a Jackson Kelly Bird…only a couple hundred bucks from a used guitar store. Its been great since then.

S
linkinpark232
The only difference between Epi and Gibson Tbirds (never played a Epi Pro) is pickups on the 300 dollar models, neck throughs (does the Pro have a neck through?), and a tiny amount of weight. So all in all there's really no reason to get a Gibson unless you can afford one and are actually playing in a band or something.

Reply to this thread