0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

New Tab Ratings

linkinpark232
Yeah I was banned. It definitely wasn't the right thing to do because I have no idea how much of it was true. All I know is that I let shit hit the fan. Slam and I have become pretty great friends the past few days and he told me a whole bunch of stuff.

And what do you mean by what penance did I pay?
Sidsquishus
What I mean is - you did something to get banned from the site, and now you are not banned anymore as you are here posting. How did you get unbanned? Say sorry to staff and promise to be a good boy? How did you go from being banned to not being banned?
linkinpark232
Well I had another account for some reason so I got into that and messages Johnny and told him sorry and to please unban me. And here I am
LoudLon [moderator]
I won't get into the back story; you can pretty much get the gist of what went down in this thread. If the admins want folks to know more, that's their call, not mine.

I only started this thread to make people aware of where the flood of low ratings was coming from so they could see for themselves how petty those responsible are being. In doing so I'm actually making myself look like a hypocrite, as earlier I was PMing with one of the admins and basically said all we could really do is wait these guys out until they tire of throwing their little hissy fits and finally go away. But no sooner did I send that PM, then I turn around and noticed the flood of low ratings, and there's no big mystery as to who's behind it. So hypocritical or not, I felt it warranted calling them out.

And notice that while they are capable of creating new accounts and continuing to post, neither have responded to this thread. Why? Because what they're doing is wrong, there is no justifying it, they're only doing this to be assholes – and they know it.

And now so does everyone else.

Sid – Link owned up and squared himself with the admins and was given clemency. Funny how the youngest guy involved in this cluster f*** turns out to be the most mature and responsible one of the bunch. Good for you, Link.
Sidsquishus
It's a Bizarre Love Triangle! Well, welcome back from the land of the banned.
linkinpark232
Thanks Lon!
Ezzo
It would be better if the music rating were made with “likes” (only) and no with stars. More “likes”, better the tab. This would avoid unfair negative ratings
Sidsquishus
Thanks Lon. I had read the other thread, and I re-read it.

Slam, Danny, and Likin are three separate real people?

So Slam got banned, and Danny (in solidarity) wanted to leave too? Is that what pissed off Danny? And Danny wants to take down his tabs but instead of asking staff, he, Slam, and Linkin went at it?

If Danny wants his tabs gone, I think he should be able to make that happen - by asking staff to delete them. If someone doesn't want their tabs here, that should be respected, whether they submitted them or they were lifted from another site.

If Danny's tab go down, I can be TABKING again - ohh, I've soiled myself - for a while anyway. Send me a crown from Burger King! And I want the kid's meal toy, too.

Sidsquishus
Quote:
It would be better if the music rating were made with “likes” (only) and no with stars. More “likes”, better the tab. This would avoid unfair negative ratings

That's an interesting idea, ezzo!
LP
I don't totally understand all that went on with Danny, Slam & Linkin but I know it got quite ugly. Linkin has a history of letting off steam & I think Slam has played on this. Slam in my mind is someone who really requires professional help. I'm sure he must be on some kind of medication. His desire to have Mods on this site, to have control over everything, to dictate threads & to start random threads that meant nothing to anyone other than himself was just attention seeking to the max. If you read this Slam I urge you to get help, hand on heart I really believe you need it.
I am really surprised by the actions of Danny. His part in all of this comes as a big surprise & any respect I had for this individual has gone out of the window. All his work in wanting to help us all become better bass players with his tabs & discussion, ruined by his meltdown in association with Slam. I don't know who is responsible for the low tab rating but it really shows a total lack of respect to everyone on this site, I mean EVERYONE!
I'm sorry but the 3 amigos have dug a whole so deep that they can stay there. Link may have been let off & I appreciate his wisdom for one so young is saying sorry but I for one can't forgive these actions. All for one, one for all, these 3 in my opinion are no different, all are equally responsible & all 3 should suffer the same fate.
Just my opinion.

PS. Lon, I think you were wise to start this thread. It has helped to clear up a few things.

Reply to this thread