0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

A penalty for users

LoudLon [moderator]
Going back to the previous page…

Quote:
i don't think senior users will abuse this.. because then they will lose the ability to do it. some of us care about the site enough to not hold childish grudges. that being said if a flame war broke out id silence everyone involved until johnny or dude came on

Being a senior member doesn't automatically mean a user has common sense or a sense of fairness. That's not directed at anyone in particular, but people are people.

Mods have one job: to maintain the vision the admin(s) have for the site and to enforce the rules the admin lays down, period. If they can't do that without their actions being informed by or determined by personal bias, then they shouldn't be in a position where they have the ability to ban/suspend a user. What if you (I'm talking the collective “you,” not you personally) were a mod and a friend of yours was consistently starting trouble? Would you report/ban/suspend/whatever that friend for the betterment of the site, or would you let them slide? If the answer is the latter, the person has no business being a mod. And I've quit a number of sites because of mods siding with friends, despite those friends being the source of the problem.

There's simply no guarantee that every senior member here wouldn't allow personal bias to affect how they mod or which rules they would or wouldn't enforce. Hence why it should be up to the admins to determine who they trust to maintain their vision for the site, and not just appoint someone because they've been here the longest.

That said, I don't want anyone to think I'm saying all this to make myself look better as a potential mod, so I'll refrain from further involvement in mod-related conversation.
lol yeah yeah lon we all know how badly you want the job i still disagree tho… i think the top 5 posters and submitters for example can be trusted. because they have put a good amount of effort and energy into the site. so they have something to gain by keeping it friendly and fun. and lots to lose should they get kicked off or suspended
and yes i am aware that linkin is in that list. and can have a big mouth. but i have faith if it really came down to it he would do the right thing.. I am also aware that You and I are both in the top 5 listings too.. i trust myself. don't you trust yourself and everyone loves sid, marko, 5 string and bass freak.
Sidsquishus
I don't think there is enough traffic here to need more than one or maybe two mods in addition to the staff we already have. We certainly don't need ten of them.

And not everyone loves me, or all those on the list of top 5 five submitters and top 5 posters.

I think we all know those who have demonstrated sufficient objectivity and even-temper to be an effective, useful, helpful moderator.
IamMark
Just because someone can spam a forum doesn't make them a good moderator.

Just throwing that slab of meat out there.
LoudLon [moderator]
Quote:
i trust myself. don't you trust yourself

Not only do I trust myself, but because I know myself better than anyone, I'm the ONLY person I trust
lol lon. and sid i wasn't talking about mods. someone jacked my topic lol. i was talking about the ability to stop a user from posting until an admin looks into the issue. no deleting users or anything crazy
and we could simply use a 0 tolerance policy. if you silence a user to be a jerk or because you disagree then you lose that ability and you get silenced yourself for a week or something.
linkinpark232
No Slam I'm not 13. I'm turning 15 Thursday
Cheekychuck
As long as people don't get uber sensitive about everything. Some of the joking and banter back and forth is what make this forum great. Just nothing vulgar, racist, or personal attacks. Like yo momma

Reply to this thread