0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

New website design!

KissyBoy [staff]
defiant bass trends: thanks for all those suggestions! i like them all. we'll add the feature to see how many people have voted on a tab for sure. that's a very useful piece of information. reconfiguring votes and editing/deleting tabs that a user has submitted are also cool ideas and we'll get around to doing them in a reasonable time frame. also upvotes and downvotes on forum comments seem cool, although there is a danger of upvotes and downvotes derailing discussions (like they often do on reddit in the form of “why is this/that being downvoted???” )

dannybassman93: thanks man! that means a lot coming from you
LoudLon [moderator]
My only real complaint is the, uh…diversity in the spelling of band/song names. If you've got a tab you want to submit, it's easy to google the band and song name to ensure the correct spelling, not to mention getting the correct title of a song. For instance despite the title caption on Nirvana's MTV Unplugged gig, the actual title of the Leadbelly song they cover is “In the Pines,” not “Where Did You Sleep Last Night.” There are also numerous misspelled listings for Lynyrd Skynyrd, for example (and that IS how it's spelled).

Another example: a couple days ago I was PMed by a member asking me to check if a particular tab was correct, but when I looked it up I found two different tabs, each with its own version of the title. The user wasn't even aware of the second tab because the title was spelled differently. I'm sure it's happened to us all at one point, searching for a tab and being unable to find it because the band name and/or song title were mispelled. If you're not sure how to spell the band name or song title – again, it only takes a second to google it.

Other than that, I don't really have any complaints. I dig the new design; it's different, but not so different as to make the site unrecognizable. Keep up the great work, guys.
Leiria
My drummer loaned me his samsung so I could check for a tab and I wasnt able to scroll to the sides, just up and down
johnny [staff]
we'll check it out and try to fix it
KissyBoy [staff]
Quote:
Not a fan of the red text; I vote for something darker.
agreed, it was a bit too bright, I've toned the red down a bit
Sidsquishus
On the old site, if I had a pm from someone, I could tell as soon as I logged in due to the flashing red envelope.

On the new site, do I have click the drop down under Profile to see if there are new pms? If so, I don't like that. I liked knowing straight away that there was a new message.

On text color: by darker I meant blue, black, purple - something dark to stand out from light colored background. But perhaps others dig the light text on a light background. Wouldn't imagine it makes it easier to read on a tiny (phone) screen though.
IamMark
Sexy.

Works much better on my iPhone.
KissyBoy [staff]
The icon on the profile button changes to a red envelope and the button flashes. It's even easier to see if you have a pm now
I like it, took a few minutes to get use to. Works great on my Samsung S3 too.
Nice design.

Reply to this thread