0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

value of a bass

slamingerrrrrr
Posts: 778
so i have a 1986 epiphone rock bass. all factory and never messed with. would you say it would raise or lower the value to add better pickups? also to clarify that have not made the bass i have since 1988 so its long since out of make
A guitar is like a car: no matter how much you “pimp” it out, that DOES NOT automatically raise the value. But I dunno
over 20 years old and i still play em daily. his name is cornholio
Marko1960
Posts: 2174
Epiphones are mass produced in the Far East so it's value is falling, not rising, changing the pick ups isn't likely to alter the value, something is only worth what someone is willing to pay. I have a 1990 Squier Japan early Silver Series Stratocaster 62 re issue, I put it on eBay and people were going crazy for it, in the end I didn't sell it as I'd rather have the guitar than the money
Quote:
over 20 years old and i still play em daily. his name is cornholio
My uncle plays a ‘56 T-Bird and it isn’t much more in value than the day his dad bought it.
Sidsquishus
Posts: 1499
Quote:
My uncle plays a ‘56 T-Bird and it isn’t much more in value than the dad his bought it.

??? Is this a guitar rather than a bass? Gibson introduced the Thunderbird bass in 1963 according to Wikipedia.

OP: I'd see what selling prices are on ebay for the same make and model. That at least gets you in the ballpark. (The affectionate name is probably not going to increase value, sadly.)
well i found my bass for 375 pounds on ebay in england. but 375 pounds is like 700 dollars
Quote:
Epiphones are mass produced in the Far East so it's value is falling, not rising, changing the pick ups isn't likely to alter the value, something is only worth what someone is willing to pay. I have a 1990 Squier Japan early Silver Series Stratocaster 62 re issue, I put it on eBay and people were going crazy for it, in the end I didn't sell it as I'd rather have the guitar than the money

well like i said this one has a headstock that was only made for 2 years. the other 12 years it had a different stock
Quote:
??? Is this a guitar rather than a bass? Gibson introduced the Thunderbird bass in 1963 according to Wikipedia.OP: I'd see what selling prices are on ebay for the same make and model. That at least gets you in the ballpark. (The affectionate name is probably not going to increase value, sadly.)
Could be a '66 for all I know. Not huge on Epiphones or Gibsons.
LoudLon [moderator]
Posts: 1489
Quote:
over 20 years old and i still play em daily. his name is cornholio

And word on the street is, he needs TP for his bung-hole.

Henh. Uh-henh-henh.

Eh…
haha

Reply to this thread