0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

VOTE FOR MODERATORS

Marko1960
One of my brothers retired from the Royal Irish Regiment as a Captain which is the lowest officer
LoudLon [moderator]
In the US military, a Lieutenant is a commissioned officer, not an NCO. An NCO would be everything from private up to the highest ranking Sergeant rank. An NCO covers everything from OCS up to five star general

Commissioned officers you salute; NCOs you don't. So even the highest ranking NCO has to salute the lowest grade CO. That was a big bone of contention for my unit sergeant major, to whom I was assigned during my last few months of my enlistment. Many were the times I'd have to sit and listen to this fifty-some-year-old, crusty old Viet Nam vet bitch and moan about having to salute (quoting) “some hoity toity punk whose balls haven't even dropped” LOL
Marko1960
My brother was stationed in Belfast, before he retired he was promoted from Lieutenant to Captain so he could get an officers pension, he's now in Afghanistan doing security work
Latex Sex
Sir Yes Sir!
LoudLon [moderator]
As my fellow NCOs in the Army would say, “ Don't call me ‘sir,’ I work for a living.”
LoudLon [moderator]
Quote:
My brother was stationed in Belfast, before he retired he was promoted from Lieutenant to Captain so he could get an officers pension, he's now in Afghanistan doing security work

In hindsight I wish I would have stayed in and made a career of it. I could have retired four years ago at the age of 38 with a full military pension. But at the time, I got banged up so much in the three years I WAS in, I worried my ass wouldn't live to see 30.
holy you are old!
linkinpark232
Lon is only like 43…
LoudLon [moderator]
Forty two, thank you very much. “43,” he says. Don't you put that evil on me!
Cheekychuck
Quote:
Forty two, thank you very much. “43,” he says. Don't you put that evil on me!

Ricky Bobby

42 is a good year

Reply to this thread